Back to the basics...

Several times my classmates asked me on building terms, and each time I answered: 'There the part end of the roof there...' or 'There... the flat flat thing on top...'

And each time they asked, I realised I know what it is for, but I don't really know the exact place/ meaning of it. It's like knowing its cover, but not the contents...

Back to square one... I flipped books, notes etc... googled... Just to refresh what I've learnt last year. So I would like to clarify here, the same same but different parts of roof:



Eaves
The lower, level part of a 
roof overhanging a wall

Fascia
The vertical boards nailed to the lower ends of 
rafters. That piece of trim on which you would mount gutters.

Gable End Wall 
The triangular area of wall on the end of the property where there is a doublepitched roof.

Verge:
The edge of a sloping 
roof which overhangs a gable.

I think this website is really helpful. Guess it would be good if you bookmark it! ;D

4 comments:

JLean said...

Hey chin wei. =), Popping by to your blog. Didn't know u blog until I click on the link u out on Innit. =). Small world huh.

iewnihc said...

heyy... lol
I was wondering... John Lean John Lean...
sounds familiar! =D

Anonymous said...

rajin nya budak ni!! =p

Soh Hong Wei said...

Interesting ! =)